Why purchase UMF rated Manuka Honey
UMF is a Quality Trademark & Grading System Protecting Your Rights as a Consumer
- UMF stands for Unique Manuka Factor.
- UMF is a quality trademark and grading system identifying natural unadulterated manuka honey that has a special unique natural property found only in some strains of manuka honey.
- The UMF grading system appraises natural markers found in Manuka Honey, and assures purity and quality.
- UMF is a quality trademark and grading system protecting your rights as a consumer because not all manuka honey has this special property and among those that do the strength of the property varies.
- UMF is a quality trademark that can be used only by licensed users who must be a New Zealand company and meet set criteria.
The UMF Grading System
The UMF grading system appraises natural markers found in Manuka Honey, and assures purity and quality.
The UMF quality trademark ranges from 5 upwards:
- 0-4 Not detectable
- 5-9 Low levels
- 10-15 Useful levels
- 16+ Superior high grade levels
Helping Consumers Identify Manuka Honey that has the Special Property
Until recently consumers had no way of knowing the level of quality or authenticity of the Manuka Honey they were buying. Depending on the season and source, honeys can vary in grade and strength. So it has been important to establish a trusted quality standard.
The UMF Honey Association has achieved this by introducing the UMF quality trademark and rating system.
The official UMF logo helps consumers identify genuine UMF Manuka Honey
Benefits of Manuka Honey
Manuka honey is produced in New Zealand by bees that pollinate the native manuka bush.
How to Buy Manuka Honey
Look for the trusted UMF rating on your Manuka Honey, all New Zealand Honey Co Manuka is genuine and you can check on any of our jars the origin of your honey at any time. Simply go to the Oritain website and enter the unique code, each batch is independantly tested and recorded to gaurantee, NZ origin. To view and buy our UMF Rated Manuka Honey, click here