Honeydew Cranachan, with Berries, Linseed and Almonds
This simple dessert is a wholesome and low calorie version of the original classic, but it still has all the crunch, creaminess and richness you would expect. It has added benefits of many ingredients, including New Zealand Honey Co. Beech Forest Honeydew Honey. With its lower GI properties (versus sugar) and its’ distinctive citrus flavour you can feel completely guilt free with this option.
Preparation Time: 8 minutes
Cooking Time: 0 minutes
- 4 tablespoons beech forest honeydew honey
- 1 cup berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries)
- 1 cup plain, acidophilus, natural, unsweetened yoghurt
- 1 cup low fat, natural strawberry frozen yoghurt
- 1/2 cup dessert almonds, roughly chopped
- 4 teaspoon ground linseed
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix the above 3 ingredients together.
- Mix together the beech forest honeydew honey and berries and let them sit for at least 10 minutes.
- In serving glasses, layer the berries, plain yogurt and frozen yoghurt.
- Top each dessert with the topping mixture. Serve.