Manuka & Root Ginger Honey Baked Salmon
Fresh salmon with honey makes for a classy and succulent main meal to serve with speed on a week night, or dressed up for a special occasion. Make sure the salmon you get is as fresh as possible from a trusted fish supplier. Try with lightly herbed steamed rice and fresh green vegetables.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1 filleted side of fresh salmon (approx 1.5 kg)
- 4 tablespoons manuka & root ginger honey
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon fine black pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500g orange tomatoes
- 5 sprigs fresh fennel
- 5 sprigs fresh mint
Pre heat oven to bake at 180 degrees Celsius.
- With the skin side down in a large roasting dish, lie the fish on a large piece of tin foil.
- Massage the manuka & root ginger honey into the flesh of the fish.
- Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle over the soy sauce and olive oil.
- Tear the mint leaves and sprinkle all over.
- Create a parcel with the foil, so all of fish is covered.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Salmon should be pale pink and only just cooked inside.
- Serve on a platter with fresh fennel sprigs.