Spanish Salad with Manuka & Lemon Honey
This is a hearty salad which could be served with crusty bread as a light meal, or as an addition to any main meal. The New Zealand Honey Co. Manuka & Lemon Honey adds a mellow tang which compliments the sumac and tomato acidity.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 0 minutes
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 250g cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 1/2 cup cooked cannellini beans, drained (canned ones are fine!)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons manuka & lemon honey
- 3/4 teaspoon sumac
- Salt and pepper
- Squeeze of lemon
- In a medium sized saucepan place all ingredients over a medium – low heat.
- Heat through slowly until honey and oil have combined.
- Serve either warm or cold.